Enhancing cultural competence is essential to increasing access and improving the standard of care for traumatized children, families, and communities across the nation. Cultural awareness, sensitivity, and understanding need to be infused throughout every level of an organization to be most effective in addressing the needs of children who have experienced trauma.
Resources related to the intersections between culture and trauma are available across this site, including topics such as:
- Refugee and immigrant youth
- Disparities in mental health care
- Racial injustice and trauma
- Cultural and linguistic competency in child trauma services
- Historical trauma
- Trauma and suicide among Native American youth
- Trauma in LGBTQ youth
Many of these resources are linked from the NCTSN Resources page.