A PsychInfo search (6/05) for “Developmental Scoring System for the Rey-Osterrieth
Complex Figure” or “DSS ROCF” anywhere revealed that the measure has been referenced
in 24 peer-reviewed journal articles. Below is a sampling:
1. Beebe, D.W., Ris, M.D., Brown, T.M., & Dietrich, K.N. (2004). Executive functioning and
memory for the Rey-Osterreith Complex Figure Task among community dwelling
adolescents. Applied Neuropsychology, 11, 91-98.
2. Sami, N., Carte, E.T., Hinshaw, S.P. (2003). Performance of girls with ADHD and
comparison girls on the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure: Evidence for executive processing
deficits. Child Neuropsychology, 9(4), 237-254.
3. Waber, D.P., Bernstein, J.H. (1995). Performance of learning-disabled and non-learningdisabled
children on the Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure: Validation of the developmental
scoring system. Developmental Neuropsychology, 11(2), 237-252.
4. Waber, D.P., & Holmes, J.M. (1986). Assessing children's memory productions of the
Rey-Osterrieth Complex Figure. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 8,
5. Waber, D.P., & Holmes, J.M. (1985). Assessing children's copy productions of the Rey-
Osterrieth Complex Figure. Journal of Clinical and Experimental Neuropsychology, 7, 264-