To obtain a full list of references, please see the following or contact ASEBA: Bérubé, R.L., & Achenbach, T.M. (2005). Bibliography of published studies using ASEBA instruments: 2005 edition. Burlington, VT: University of Vermont, Research Center for Children, Youth, & Families Numbers provided are based on the manual and the author. A Psych Info search (5/05) for “Teacher Report Form” or “TRF” anywhere revealed that the measure has been referenced in 836 peer-reviewed journal articles. Below is a sampling:
1. Achenbach, T.M., Howell, C., McConaughy, S.H., & Stanger, C. (1995). Six-year predictors of problems in a national sample of children and youth: I. Cross-informant syndromes. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, 34, 336-347.
2. Achenbach, T.M., & Rescorla, L.A. (2001). Manual for the ASEBA School-Age Forms & Profiles. Burlington, VT: University of Vermont, Research Center for Children, Youth, & Families.
3. Erol, N., Simsek, Z., Oner, O., & Munir, K. (2005). Effects of internal displacement and resettlement on the mental health of Turkish children and adolescents. European Psychiatry, 20(2):152-7.
4. Descheemaeker, M.J., Ghesquiere, P., Symons, H., Fryns, J.P., & Legius, E. (2005). Behavioural, academic and neuropsychological profile of normally gifted Neurofibromatosis type 1 children. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 49(Pt 1):33-46.
5. Backman, M.L., Santavuori, P.R., Aberg, L.E., & Aronen, E.T. (2005). Psychiatric symptoms of children and adolescents with juvenile neuronal ceroid lipofuscinosis. Journal of Intellectual Disability Research, 49(Pt 1):25-32.
6. Deng, S., Liu, X., & Roosa, M.W. (2004). Agreement between parent and teacher reports on behavioral problems among Chinese children. Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics, 25(6):407-7).
7. Oncu, B., Oner, O., Oner, P., Erol, N., Aysev, A., & Canat, S. (2004). Symptoms defined by parents' and teachers' ratings in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder: Changes with age. Canadian Journal of Psychiatry, 49(7):487-91.