Working with Unaccompanied and Immigrant Minors
Border and immigrant youth experience various types of traumatic events, not only during their journeys but also once they have arrived at their destination, that are related to war or persecution, abuse, trafficking, and violence. These may affect their mental and physical health. If you are working with youth who have found their way to the States without the presence of a caregiver these resources could be beneficial for you.
- Addressing the Needs of Border and Immigrant Youth (2009)
- Refugee Services Toolkit
- Understanding Child Traumatic Stress /En Español
- NCTSN Trauma Resources en Español
- Age-Related Reactions to a Traumatic Event
- Resources on Child Traumatic Grief
- Resources on Complex Trauma
- After a Crisis: Helping Children Heal
- Tip Sheet for Children Talking to Journalists
- Psychological Impact of Traumatic Experiences
More resources will be added as they become available.