The Family Advocacy Center is an accredited Children's Advocacy Center, which is a child-focused, community oriented, facility-based program in which representatives from many disciplines meet to discuss and make decisions about investigation, treatment and prosecution of child abuse cases. Additionally, The Family Advocacy Center is a recipient of a SAMHSA grant emphasizing Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), an evidence-based trauma-informed treatment. As the Baystate Behavioral Health Therapist you are a member of a multidisciplinary team of clinicians who provide trauma-informed assessments, as well as, individual and group therapy to children, adolescents and their families who have been impacted by trauma (victims of sexual abuse, physical abuse, exposure to domestic violence and other traumas).
We also provide individual and group therapy to children/adolescents/adults impacted by traumatic grief.
Additional responsibilities will include:
• Under the direction of the Medical Director and Clinical Supervisor, the Behavioral Health Clinician performs a wide variety of duties involving patient evaluation, case management, treatment, discharge planning and documentation.
• Provides trauma-informed assessments of children who have experienced maltreatment. The assessments are comprehensive, age-specific and include a social, psychological, cultural, spiritual, environmental and financial assessment necessary to inform proper therapeutic care.
• Ability to formulate trauma-informed treatment goals/plans with the client and refer to other disciplines as needed. Supports patients' rights by treating the individual needs in the framework of their specific psychosocial, spiritual, developmental and cultural variables
• Provides therapeutic services to patients and families. Utilizes evidence-based trauma-informed therapies to help patients and their families deal with their trauma history more effectively. Demonstrates strong clinical skills.
• Demonstrates skill of collaboration, advocacy and linkage as they relate to patient care. Provides patients and families with information on community resources and appropriately refers patients/families to identified resources. Participates in patient and family educational efforts.
• Maintains all appropriate records and follow the department documentation policy.
• Adheres to Departmental policies and procedures. Meets productivity standards. Contributes to Performance Improvement activities when indicated to improve areas within clinical practice, or systems issues effecting delivery of service.
• Contributes to development of programs within the Family Advocacy Center, the Departments of Behavioral Health and Pediatrics, as well as our community partners.
What You Need To Know:
Full-time / 36 hours
Location: 50 Maple Street, 3rd fl Springfield, MA
Baystate Behavioral Health Family Advocacy Center
Baystate Behavioral Health Family Advocacy Center offers comprehensive psychiatric and psychological services for children, adolescents, and their families facing acute and chronic medical conditions. This is a service of Baystate Medical Center.